Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Birthday, Baby Boy!




Tommorrow is Jonathan's 2nd birthday.... Oh my, how time has flown! Sometimes it seemed like he would always be a baby, and now... at 2... he is offically a toddler! Milestones like this make me think about where he is developmentally and who he is becoming. It is so hard not to compare him to other children... I think all parents do this... and when your child isn't "meeting the milestones", your heart aches about it. I fear for his future. I question whether I do enough for him.... what more should I do... and would it matter? I wonder if parents who have "typically" developing children even think about these things.


On the other hand, Jonathan is truly the most delightful, funny, beautiful boy. He is good natured, curious, social, and loving. Every morning I bring him into bed with me (to try and get a few more ZZZs while he watches cartoons), and he will turn to me and press his forhead to mine and grin. He can be silly. He can be crabby, but is easily soothed.


He is our love. Happy Birthday, Jonathan.


Pia


No comments:

Tracker


View My Stats