Thursday, April 28, 2011

And Off We Go...



Big Daddy and I are heading out for a long weekend away.  Without the J-man.

Our first long weekend away since the J-man was born. 

Allow me to do the math:  4 years, 2 months, and 26 days.

And I am so excited and so incredibly anxious!  Excited because... you know.... I am going AWAY.  Anxious because.... you know... I am going WITHOUT THE J-MAN.  And for anyone who has a kiddo like Mr J, you understand the completely messed-up conflicting feelings about leaving.

(even for just a long weekend)

He is staying with Grandma Mumu. 

They get along great.  They will have fun!

He will be fine.  Fine fine fine fine fine fine fine fine FINE.....

He will behave.  Behave behave behave behave behave....

He will hardly miss me.... oh, who am I kidding?  He freaks out when I do a 12 hour shift at work.  He WILL miss me. 

He will survive.  And so will Grandma Mumu. 

(I hope)

********************
This post was submitted for the S-O-S Best of the Best series on Anxiety published on May 15th, 2011.

1 comment:

Floortime Lite Mama said...

hope you have a FABULOUS vacation

Tracker


View My Stats