Thursday, May 26, 2011

Jaws


Villain a la James Bond

Four stainless steel caps. 

J-man isn't quite the arch-villain Jaws from the James Bond movies, but his mouth has got a bit more bling to it.  In the end, four cavities (sigh), caps and sealants on teeth, and one heckva long day a the Children's outpatient day surgery.  J-man was a trooper, however.  He did excellent with the pre-op exam, tolerated the whole mask-put-him-to-sleep routine, and woke up afterwards fairly easy and with minimal whining.  Altogether a big departure from what I expected....  of course, I expected h-e-l-l.

I must also give props to Children's... and yes, I do work there, so I might be a little biased.... but I must say they did a wonderful job with him.  I was with him until he was asleep and was allowed in the recovery room before he woke up (not standard, but they acknowledged my great wisdom in knowing what would work for him waking up).  They were gentle, used simple language, showed visuals in addition to talking, and generally took my lead on what would work best.  I was very pleasantly surprised.  Not sure why, but I was.

No comments:

Tracker


View My Stats