Friday, July 17, 2009

Perspective

Today a friend from work lost her sixteen month old son in a tragic accident. Wrapped up in a cord from some blinds, he couldn't breathe and lost consciousness. She did CPR and he was rushed to the PICU, but it was too late and today he went on to meet God.

For all of our struggles, I have Jonathan to hold. To kiss. To laugh with and cry with.

I cannot possibly imagine the pain and grief she is going through today. And no doubt the days, weeks, years to come. My heart cries for her.

The idea of being without Jonathan is unfathomable to me. I think it would break me in two. So today I am reminded that for all of our struggles, we have him and the joy he brings.

Appreciate your children today. Hug and love them.

Pia

No comments:

Tracker


View My Stats