Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Lengths We Go



Tonight, I taped a chicken nugget box together.

Running a low grade fever and feeling pretty uggie, I sat with my head in hand as J-man munched on chicken nuggets.  He ripped the nugget box top, handed me the ripped piece, and pushed my hand (with ripped piece) away.  I assumed he meant for me to throw it in the trash behind me, which I did.

OOOOOOHHHHH NO!

The ensuing meltdown clearly indicated that I had misinterpreted his intention.  Recovering the ripped portion of the chicken nugget box from the trash, I asked him "What??".  He pushed my hand again, this time toward the junk drawer. Where the tape is.

"Fix it?"  I asked.

"Fe it?" he answered.

I showed him the tape.  He half-nodded. 

I said "Tape?"

He echoed "Ta pt"

So I taped his nugget box.  Poorly, apparently, because he took the ripped portion back off, handed it to me, and said "Ta pt" with a vigorous, disgusted whine. 

So I taped it well

I taped a chicken nugget box back together

Yep, never read anything about that in those child-rearing books.

2 comments:

Mommy, I'm Home said...

Sometimes, we all just do what we have to do to get by. Hang in there...

Kathy said...

I can totally relate. We do what we have to do, and I am sure I have done stranger things and most certainly blocked them from my memory.

Tracker


View My Stats