Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Do You Haiku?

So, as you know, I have been taking an online writing course called Mother Words. It has been great, if a little challenging. But what a fun experience! Anyway, Kate (my bomb-diggity teacher) is having a Haiku contest on her website. The Theme is "what no one told you", and the prize is a $10 gift certificate for Amazon.com.

Now, for those of you who don't Haiku, it is a three lined poem with lines of 5-7-5 syllables. Here is my submission (and my first ever Haiku):

My heart left my chest
In tiny jeans and t-shirt
Walks around, exposed

I submitted another one as well, but you will have to go over to Mother Words to see that one.

So, do you Haiku? If so, you have until Friday to submit your own. Or just cheer for me!

Oh, and two big thumbs up on her class. If you have any desire to write, it is well worth your time, mommas!

No comments:

Tracker


View My Stats