Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Sneaky Chef Strikes!!!

So begins my journey into becoming a Sneaky Chef....

When I last left you, I was starting off by making an Orange Puree.  The Orange Puree, by the way, is essentially sweet potatoes and carrots pureed to a very smooth consistency.  Well, this week I made two more purees, the White Puree (cauliflower and zucchini) and the Purple Puree (blueberries and spinach ... yes, it's true). 

Purees in serving size baggies
So, here is my first attempt in making these purees into food that someone might actually eat:  Baked Macaroni and Cheese with the White Puree.




Delicious!!  No really, even my hubby (who is a veggie hater) loved it.  You really could not detect veggies at all.  Of course, J-man hates Mac and Cheese (I know, I know... I don't understand it either), but I thought I would start with something I love.

My second attempt was this evening.  I made spaghetti with sauce, and added the Orange Puree to the sauce.  J-man loved it!


As you can see, he starts using a fork...

...but quickly abandons it.  Per usual, actually.
We aren't "big" on table manners.
Go figure.

Next to come:  Brownies with the Purple Puree. (Wrap your head around THAT one.) Stay tuned...

No comments:

Tracker


View My Stats