Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cruising to the Cabin

Indeed, the weekend is kicking my butt.  After working a twelve-hour shift at the hospital today, I hopped in my car to cruise up to my parent's cabin.  My dad and hubby have planned a large fireworks display tomorrow, as is the custom in Wisconsin, and the whole family had already made the trek north.  So alone, I enjoyed the road trip.  It was wonderful.  I rooted around and found an old compliation CD, tossed it in the player and enjoyed the chance to be alone.  The air was warm and humid, and smelled of summer. 

Dorky as it may be, one song on the tape just made me smile.  I don't know why... it certainly isn't any kind of classic.  Anyway, I thought I would share. 



I promise, REAL posts coming soon!

No comments:

Tracker


View My Stats